Wednesday, March 27, 2013

We're going to China!

This past Friday I noticed a lot of travel approvals were being issued to people in my adoption group online. Randy and I just knew ours was coming that day. When the end of the work day came and went, we decided to just enjoy our weekend and figured we would hear something early the next week.

But then, Saturday I checked my email mid-afternoon and had an email saying our travel approval had just been delivered to our agency's office! On a Saturday! We were so surprised - I just cried and cried! This meant we would be leaving SOON! I posted a status update on Facebook that said "My water just broke! Aka...we got travel approval!"

Our coordinator said she would be applying for our consulate appointment Sunday night (Monday morning China time) and we should have it confirmed by Tuesday and would be able to book our flights! Monday we didn't hear anything - until 9:30 that night! We got an email from her that said our appointment had been confirmed for April 15! We're so thankful for our agency and coordinators who seem to work all the time!

The consulate appointment is the last thing you do in China before you are able to travel home. That is where Calli's visa will be issued. You are allowed to leave after 7pm the following night, so this information was what we needed to be able to book our flights.

It also means that we leave NEXT WEEK! One week from today we will fly to DFW with the girls, where they will stay with all their grandparents for two weeks. Then our long day of flying begins the next morning at 5:45!

We will have Calli in our arms on Sunday, April 7. Just writing that makes me tear up! This has all made me so emotional! I am excited, and I also feel like I may throw up many times each day!

After this long year of waiting waiting waiting for a million different steps, all the sudden we are in hurry up mode! Packing, booking flights, calling credit card companies, packing, making lists, downloading VPNs, packing, making sure we're caught up at work and around the house are all consuming our time, as well as spending quality time with the girls before we leave them for two weeks. My thought the past few days has been that I want to be as present as possible with the girls as our family's world is about to change dramatically.

This is happening!!!

1 comment: